Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Resilient, I stand



I stand the test of time, with each assault I withstand
Doggedly striving in my struggle to reach the Promised Land
I mean no harm, only defense of the spirit is inevitable
I've stumbled and fallen but getting back up is veritable

Hopeless I have been several times and also distraught
Yet not for long, strength has always been borne of the rot
If lost I have to be, I would rather be lost in paradise  
With the angels guiding me all the way, without a guise

Uncertainty has always been a constant companion
Tears have been shed, making deep scathing canyons
Memories and scrapes of the debilitating, daunting past
Cause me to cringe and fall with a resounding blast

Yet I stand up on my feet, the monsters won’t defeat me
Several times they defiled me but they could never break me
No, they would never have the pleasure of a victory so undeserved
As the sinners do, their rightful punishment they shall be served

Justice may be scarce on this magnified human realm
But justice is ultimate in the all powerful universal hem
Wrongly I've been done, and I was tormented and jammed
I’m still undeterred; determined and resilient, I stand…



No comments:

Post a Comment